Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Wow, I just got back from a week counselling at Camp Assiniboia, a mennonite bible camp about a half hour outside of Winnipeg. Hanging out with hormonally charged little hoodlums was an absolute riot but at the same time incredibly exhausting. I just don't think I have the energy for camp work any more. It had been five years since I had last been a counsellor and I was definitely feeling the age differance between myself and the rest of the staff who were mostly under 20. Camp Assiniboia has provided me with countless memories though throughout my life and it was awesome having the chance to relive some of those moments one last time. I was also able to make it back into the city for my buddy Mike Klassen's wedding on Saturday. It was the second wedding in a week for our crew as our friend Brian Buettner tied the knot last Saturday so needless to say we're all a little partied out!! Full congrats to Mike and Misty though for throwing an incredible party with some of the most genuinely emotional wedding speeches and high energy dance grooves I have ever seen. Does it get any better than the Klassen clan?!?! Well now I'm in the final stages of my preparation to leave for Mozambique. I'm getting a little sick of saying goodbye to everyone over the past few weeks and I'm super anxious to finally get overseas and get started on this project. Eight more days to go and while there continues to be mixed emotions (leaving those close to you behind is never easy) I know that I'm ready to start this new chapter in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home