Thursday, January 19, 2006

Northern Ontario

I heard the news today
moved me on down the line
It helped me miss familiar skies
and the feel of your back
in the night
I listen for your sound
and I hear nothing
only the call of this chain
around my neck
and the heavy stone that is attached

I hear he's from Nothern Ontario
You always said
you had a heart for those boys
I hope he treats you better than I
I know he certainly deserves the chance
Still I kind of feel uneasy
with the thought of him with you
His hand on your skin
and his part in your story
feeling the warmth of your laughter
and drinking with you
the wine of compassion

Two paths stretching onward
far beyond all sight and sound
full of twists and turns
and mountains and valleys
moving us forward
to where we need to be
Still I cannot help but smile
for the time our paths ran parallel
and sigh with nostalgia
for your song and your touch

Paz e amor

Jp

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared, your poetry has come a really long way since I last read any...actually, now that I think of it, I don't believe that I've seen any since you were off gallivanting about the West Bank seven years ago! Ergh, I'm a little behind, it seems. Anyway, cheers, kudos; all of the above.
avjm.

7:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home