Friday, April 21, 2006

Today I have the wonderful opportunity to go to Cape Town for the weekend. I will be spending two days as a tourist and then my colleague Cremildo and I will be attending a one day “super conference” on economic mitigation strategies for HIV/AIDS. This conference is being put on by Africap, a huge economic consulting firm out of Dakar, Senegal and will involve people working in the area of microfinance and HIV/AIDS from all over the continent. I will be presenting on our HIV/AIDS project here in Mozambique, specifically on the importance of forming partnerships for MFIs in the implementation of HIV/AIDS mitigation strategies. Then we will be participating in a Round Table discussion, fielding questions from the other participants. It is a tremendous opportunity for learning and exposure for both Cremildo and I, as well as MMF-MEDA and our work here in Mozambique!!

I am also very excited about being able to tour around Cape Town for a couple of days. I have wanted to visit this part of South Africa since I was about 13 years old and so I’m really looking forward to it. I am planning on climbing Table Mountain, visiting Robben Island, drinking my share of Cape wines and soaking in the multicultural flavour that is Africa’s Mother City. I only have two days and I plan on making the most of my time there!! I promise many pictures and stories when I return.

Blessings and peace to you all!!

Jp

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip Jared and we look forward to hearing about your adventures when you get back.

10:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home