Friday, March 17, 2006

Shamrocks and Shenanigans

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!! I'm hope all of you are wearing green and feeling a little more Irish today. Last year I was part of the Bastard Sons of the Golden Boy St. Paddy's Day reunion concert in Winnipeg and we had a riot singing our favourite Irish diddies and good ol folk tunes from the East Coast of Canada. The night of course was full of whiskey and pints and I remember falling off the stage as we were well into our third set. Truly a night for the record books! This year I dought I will find any Guiness, Leprechans or "Kiss me I'm Irish shirts" in Mozambique but you never know...four leaf clovers can pop up in the most unexpected places!! I hope every one has a merry ol time tonight from the first pint to the parting glass...

Of all the money e'er I had,
I spent it in good company.
And all the harm I've ever done,
Alas! it was to none but me.
And all I've done for want of wit
To mem'ry now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all

Oh, all the comrades e'er I had,
They're sorry for my going away,
And all the sweethearts e'er I had,
They'd wish me one more day to stay,
But since it falls unto my lot,
That I should rise and you should not,
I gently rise and softly call,
Good night and joy be with you all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared, you better not be getting creepy out there.

6:24 p.m.  
Blogger Elise said...

just to say hello, hope all is well!

11:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home