Friday, March 17, 2006

Shamrocks and Shenanigans

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!! I'm hope all of you are wearing green and feeling a little more Irish today. Last year I was part of the Bastard Sons of the Golden Boy St. Paddy's Day reunion concert in Winnipeg and we had a riot singing our favourite Irish diddies and good ol folk tunes from the East Coast of Canada. The night of course was full of whiskey and pints and I remember falling off the stage as we were well into our third set. Truly a night for the record books! This year I dought I will find any Guiness, Leprechans or "Kiss me I'm Irish shirts" in Mozambique but you never know...four leaf clovers can pop up in the most unexpected places!! I hope every one has a merry ol time tonight from the first pint to the parting glass...

Of all the money e'er I had,
I spent it in good company.
And all the harm I've ever done,
Alas! it was to none but me.
And all I've done for want of wit
To mem'ry now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all

Oh, all the comrades e'er I had,
They're sorry for my going away,
And all the sweethearts e'er I had,
They'd wish me one more day to stay,
But since it falls unto my lot,
That I should rise and you should not,
I gently rise and softly call,
Good night and joy be with you all.

6 Comments:

Blogger jfunk said...

I was at that Bastard sons show. And funny I saw all the other bastards last night. Even Sean who hardly ever goes out anymore. Tonight the St. Patty's day festivities are being brought to us by my other favourite bastards the D.Rangers so I will remember to specifically have a shot in honour of you being far away and looking like you'll never come home.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Happy St. Patty's Day from remote Chokwe...better late than never, eh? Anyway, I posted pics of the cut--no big changes. Sending good Chokwe vibes back at you...
--Becs

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared, you better not be getting creepy out there.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Oh Jen! You know me - I only come out once in a blue moon now; and I can't possibly keep up with the other bastards in Winnipeg.

Personally, I don't think it's anything to be proud of being named patron of the year for a bar. Something about drinking, smoking, inflicting damage on the ear drums, and losing sleep every night just doesn't belong on a personal resume. But hey - that's why I stay at home and study right? That's why I sing in choirs and not in rock bands.

When was the last time any of my friend's have shown up for one of my shows though? If the respect isn't mutual and the support isn't there, wouldn't you be a little hurt at times too? I show up as often as I do not out of spite - I do respect those guys... but I don't go every chance because I have other priorities.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Elise said...

just to say hello, hope all is well!

11:04 AM  
Blogger jfunk said...

Sean of course I'm proud of my patron runner up honours!!! That place is filled with love and friendliness. Come out as often as you like and if you want more people to come to your shows then you must continually inundate us with info about them. Get those mass emails going!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home